Join Our Team
Business Development Representative
2655 Meridian Pkwy , Durham, NC 27713, US
FoodLogiQ is seeking a Business Development Representative to lead inbound sales qualification, proactive outbound prospecting and lead management with the ultimate goal of building qualified pipeline. This position will have a direct impact on FoodLogiQ’s success by advancing qualified prospects from lead status into the sales pipeline.
As the first point of contact with new prospects, the goal of the Business Development Representative will be to qualify the lead through various discovery methods and secure a hand-off to an assigned Sales Executive for opportunity development.
This position will work closely with the marketing team to create campaign content, follow up on trade show leads, and potentially represent FoodLogiQ at trade shows and other industry events. You will work as an extension of the sales team to pass each qualified lead to the appropriate Sales Representative. This position will be based in our headquarters in Durham, NC.
- Collaborate with the Field Sales and Inside Sales team on account strategy, demand generation activities, and execution of pipeline growth results
- Manage customer calls and web presentations
- Build sales pipeline using cold calling, emailing, social selling, etc.
- Ensure all data is properly maintained and updated in the Salesforce CRM application
- Gain in-depth knowledge of FLQ products and technologies, territories, accounts, competitors, industry trends, etc.
- Identify potential prospects and articulate targeted value proposition(s) FoodLogiQ’s platform could provide
- Work with Field Sales reps, Inside Sales reps, and Marketing teams to drive attendance to Webinars, Events, Trade Shows, etc.
- Find a way to consistently meet and exceed sales metrics/quotas
- BS or BA degree
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Able to demonstrate time management, basic telesales skills, knowledge of SaaS platforms or software products
- Goal-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to meet and exceed individual goals, as well as work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- Professional demeanor
- Desire for a long-term career in sales
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills to acquire a higher level understanding of role, processes, and procedures
- Experience with solutions in the supply chain or food industry a plus