Join Our Team
2655 Meridian Pkwy , Durham, NC 27713, US
Are you a designer who revels in tackling complex problems and delivering elegant, easy to use solutions? Come be a part of a diverse team of passionate software creators who are helping the world’s largest companies feed the world more safely and sustainably. As a Product Designer at FoodLogiQ, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and own the experience for a significant portion of the FoodLogiQ platform. This is a full-time position based in Durham, North Carolina.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product, engineering, and leadership teams.
- Synthesize input from multiple sources to gain insight into the common underlying user need.
- Generate divergent and workable approaches to solving our customers’ problems that can be evaluated through internal design discussions and user testing.
- Crisply communicate interaction and visual design requirements to engineering teams through documentation and collaboration.
- Collaborate with the product team to continually improve our process.
- Stay up to date on and champion best design practices and industry standards.
- 3+ years of experience designing software applications.
- Proficiency in Sketch and Invision.
- Experience designing for multiple screen sizes and devices.
- Ability to establish close working relationships with all other functional groups in the organization.
- A love for teaching and learning.
- Experience designing enterprise-class applications.
- Familiarity with design thinking process and methods.
- Understanding of mobile design best practices.
- Exposure to using site data analytics tools to guide and validate design decisions.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience working with and maintaining a shared UI component library.
- Participation in an Agile development team environment, utilizing software like JIRA, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, or equivalent.
Submit your resume along with a portfolio link featuring examples of your design work. Preferably, examples should include information about the process, goals, and your role in the projects.