Join Our Team
2655 Meridian Pkwy , Durham, NC 27713, US
FoodLogiQ, the leading food safety, traceability, and supply chain transparency Software as a Service company, is looking for a talented and detail-oriented Product Owner to join the product organization.
To work successfully in a fast-paced environment, our ideal candidate will have a passion for project organization, and will continuously demonstrate an attention to detail when managing day-to-day processes and supporting the user experience.
This position will play a key part in our company’s product development process and the success of the FoodLogiQ product portfolio.
- Work with the broader product management team to elaborate high-level use cases into user stories with defined acceptance criteria.
- Lead the development team in backlog grooming, ensuring the team backlog is refined and prioritized at all times according to business value, complexity, and stakeholder expectations.
- Answer day-to-day questions from the product development team around desired user behavior and priority.
- Adapt project scope, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Champion a culture of teamwork, innovation, and transparency while ultimately taking ownership of key product decisions.
- Deliver value – put measurable, incremental features into customers’ hands at recurring intervals.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 1 year of experience in Product Management, Project Management, or Product Development.
- Analytical ability to take complex initiatives and break them down into discrete units of work with clearly documented acceptance criteria.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage several streams of work simultaneously and context switch as needed without a significant loss of productivity.
- Capability to operate in a fast-paced, time-compressed, and dynamic environment.
- Technical proficiency to perform basic business analyst tasks, e.g. testing API behavior or querying databases to analyze user behavior.
- Software engineering or product development background is a major plus.