Join Our Team
2655 Meridian Pkwy , Durham, NC 27713, US
Are you looking to be a key player in a sales organization that is poised to double in size over the next 2 years? Do you want to impact the trajectory of how a company will grow over the next 5 years? Do you want to change the world with our proven traceability, food safety and supply chain transparency solutions?
FoodLogiQ is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer; this role presents the opportunity to do all that and more.
FoodLogiQ is a dynamic growth-stage startup with a platform unique to the food industry. Our approach to traceability incorporates three workflows that are inextricably linked in food: Supplier and Quality Management, Supply Chain Traceability, and Recall Readiness.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Engineer who can quickly master the three components of our platform and who will bring energy, passion and initiative to drive awareness and new business acquisition for the leading food supply chain traceability and transparency SaaS platform.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for product mastery and active participation throughout the sales process, Additionally, the Sales Engineer is responsible for being knowledgeable in the industry and effective at articulating the value of our technology to executive audiences.
The Sales Engineer will partner with Sales Executives to identify and understand business requirements. You will effectively demonstrate the FoodLogiQ products to prospects multiple times in each Sales Cycle. The ideal candidate has experience tailoring a configurable system to a client’s workflow for product demonstrations.
The successful candidate will be: resourceful, self-motivated, customer-focused, and able to work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Engineering to support aggressive revenue growth for the company. This position will be based out of our headquarters in Durham, NC but exceptional Remote candidates will be considered.
Responsibilities of the Sales Engineer
- Act as a senior member of the sales team through all stages of the sales cycle with a focus on:
- assisting Sales Executives in understanding business requirements through proper discovery
- delivering customized platform demonstrations tailored to prospects’ stated business requirements
- supporting the Sales Executives in uncovering information and understanding the details necessary to close deals
- Maintain proficiency on industry topics and articulate how they impact our target personas
- Provide product and technical expertise on sales calls (onsite, online and via telephone), partner calls and product reviews
- Support Sales proposals and RFPs
- Contribute reusable assets such as demo sites and scripts, competitive material
- Provide feedback to product, engineering, and marketing teams based on market need
- Record and document sales activities in SalesForce.com
- Provide support to Sales and Marketing through trade show attendance, presentations, channel and reseller trainings, technical sales aids, product training and testing, and Webinar presentations
- Provide internal training on our products and related technologies
- 5 years or more of SaaS based pre-sales experience, ideally in a startup environment
- Strong people skills, including working directly with prospects and sales team members to further product or technology sales
- Sufficient technical depth to communicate with the development team and other internal organizations on behalf of the prospect
- Experience demonstrating SaaS solutions to the foodservice, retail and food manufacturing markets a plus
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills required
- Ability to balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Willing to travel as needed throughout North America
FoodLogiq is an “equal opportunity employer.” We will not discriminate and will take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.