Consumer Packaged Goods
Give your customers the transparency they crave and get ahead of FSMA – with FoodLogiQ Connect
The new CPG landscape
Address food safety needs head-on
Consumer packaged goods companies (CPGs) face a challenging food landscape. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that one out of every six people is sickened by a foodborne illness every year. Also, about 50 percent of FDA recalls involving incidents with allergens. Food professionals also have the pressing challenge of complying with FSMA regulations to keep consumers safe.
CPGs must deal with even more significant sanitation issues and distribution challenges stemming from many international food safety standards. As a result, U.S. food companies have an even greater need to determine the safety, quality, and authenticity of products they receive from overseas. These concerns drive an increased reliance on technologies and new testing and safety strategies for CPG companies everywhere.
As consumers learn more about the global food supply chain, their preferences have evolved, and they are demanding more transparency, which also presents more challenges for CPGs. As consumers increasingly seek fresh, local foods, many associated safety implications are included. After all, unprocessed foods do not have an opportunity for baking, roasting, or frying during food production to eliminate the risks of foodborne illnesses.
With FoodLogiQ Connect, you can:
- Immediately identify problem suppliers through audit & compliance records across internal, 2nd party, or 3rd party bodies
- Increase the speed and accuracy of recalls and withdrawals through convergence analysis and lot-level mobile scanning throughout your supply chain
- Keep pace with regulatory compliance and audit needs using an intuitive cloud platform.
An industry under scrutiny
Regulation & FSMA readiness – in one package
Food safety regulations (FSMA, HARPC, etc.) are driving significant change in food manufacturing operations.
The FSMA rules in effect have shifted the food production industry’s food safety standards from reactive to proactive. Prevention is key. Especially significant for any FDA-registered facility, the laws give the FDA enforcement powers they’ve never had in the past.
If you’re a major brand, you’re going to feel the backlash if one of your suppliers is found to not be FSMA-compliant. And with the New Era of Smarter Food Safety taking off, food manufacturers need to prepare for even more stringent standards.
With FoodLogiQ Connect you can:
- Maintain your FSMA compliance from a single platform
- Document and export all safety plans and required recordkeeping in the event of a recall involving the FDA
- Verify foreign suppliers and FDA-registered facilities with audits directly inside the platform
Meeting quality goals is harder than ever
Quality control on demand
How does your company address quality control right now? Is that data managed in spreadsheets or physical files? If the FDA demands documentation, could you provide it within 24 hours? That’s why an online platform is indispensable – one that makes it easy to export documents at the click of a button.
There are companies that use a standalone, single person database to aggregate supply chain information and react in case of any recalls or issues that may occur. With information siloed like this, it’s also typical that a single person manages the data with a homegrown solution. This is presents a massive risk for any operation – if that person left, few people understand the data and what is going on with it.
With FoodLogiQ Connect you can:
- Centralize all of your quality control documentation into an always-on platform that reduces manual processes
- Equip your employees with a mobile app to deliver quality data at their fingertips, when it’s needed most
- Create automated workflows to save time spent on quality control, while improving accuracy and data integrity